Click post and read below!!

Tuesday

Peaches? It's What for Dinner.

Growing up, mom worked at Campbell's Soup.
Sometimes she would bring home a box of unmarked cans.
They were a mistake or lost their label so mom could buy these super cheap.
This was NOT our favorite way to eat a meal.
Mom stopped doing it soon enough though, Cheap as it was,
NOBODY wants a bad surprise at dinner.

Without the labels we would have no idea what was inside.

Cans need labels.

What about people?

Labels on people are bad, because we can communicate with them.

We can find out what's inside, by reaching out and having a conversation.

What if we can't find out what's inside?

Are labels ever good?

I think good or bad, they're necessary.

I go out into the world, knowing I have to wear a label.
When I go out, looking like I Forgot there is a public, I expect people to respond to me as such.
Homeless? Lazy? No Job? Why does she look like she does not belong anywhere?

So then there is the debate about wearing certain types of clothing.
People want to yell from the fences how it isn't right to judge a book by it's cover.

Your cover is not your skin. Your cover, your label is what you put on. You're telling people what is inside.

If you look scary, or like you don't care,
I'm gonna put you in the damaged cans box,
I really don't want anything to do with you.

You might ruin my dinner