Click post and read below!!

Tuesday

Some Food is Racist

I do not define my culture with food.
AND
That sucks.

I didn't grow up in a tight knit community that came together to enjoy community, love, and food.

We had two meals annually as a family. Together.

These moments will forever be in my memory as the times we came together and enjoyed our little home community, love (and some INSANE fights), and food.

I can't eat turkey or ham without thinking about those people I grew up with.

I don't have culture, but I have created it.

The summer means my potato salad. The first sign of fall is a hearty bowl of my famous soup! Winter means leftover sheppards pie. The spring is the second coming of lamb, we usually have it once in the winter too.
I have peppered other food traditions throughout our lives, to create what I no longer have.

I don't understand why any culture would stop this because their food is racist? You wont eat or advertise eating certain foods from your community? Made with love? Delicious food? I can't even mention making it for you for all the same reasons. If I do, I am racist?

That sucks.

I hope if anybody wants to acknowledge and celebrate my food with me, I will celebrate and enjoy with them. I would happily reciprocate.
I WOULD!

I can't.

I can't, because some food is racist, and I am not.

Sorry.