Click post and read below!!

Wednesday

Milburn

I love my kiddo's and enjoy telling them stories. It's a good thing since they're pretty insistent.

So this may come off as self gratuitous, if you feel that, I'm sorry. I just love this little guy and I want him to be known.

I do have a children's book published.
Sounds fancy, OOHHH... AAAAhhhh.... fan fair...
Not really.
I will likely never make any money from it.
The market is over saturated, Hollywood has taken over the world with ghost writers to ensure they keep their fame going even in writing (seriously, snooki has a "book"?), I don't know or do beans about marketing, and maybe the story is boring?...
I don't know why, and I don't care anymore.

I don't care because, no matter what, I still love my guy Milburn...

Milburn is an old English name.
The Macaroni penguin was named by English sailors in the 18th century.

These sailors spotted the penguins and decided they looked like maccaroni.
That IS maccaroni, and it doesn't stand for the pasta.
You see, these English sailors thought, "he's so fancy, you already know", that they wanted to name him after a song!
No, not that song...
They actually equated this level of fancy to their day's metrosexuals!
Let me explain better,
The song Yankee Doodle is about these so fancy guys, too!
"...stuck a feather in his hat, and called it macaroni."

This line refers to the American soldier's being so fashion challenged, they would actually make this tiny gesture of sticking a mere a feather in their cap and then dare call themselves as high fashion as the young, rich, aristocratic, Englishmen of the time, the maccoronis. Those damn Yankees!

Not to be outdone by these Englishmen though, Milburn has his own sense of fashion and daringly wears his bright red scarf to all penguin functions.

Milburn is frightful. He's got a lot on his mind. Wouldn't you be if you were near extinction?

He's a kid. He wanders off and he forgets to eat. KIDS!!

His mind is filled with the scary things that are natural to his environment. They're all part of a delicate chain and they're all becoming endangered. How's that for scary.

Milburn's favorite meal is krill. The Macaroni Penguin's favorite meal is krill, at least until they get a sushi bar, I'm sure.

Milburn's mommy loves him. The Macaroni Penguin lives in a tight family.

SO here is my little fella...
Milburn the Macaroni Penguin is my sweet little fancy pants.
I'm his mommy too, and I love him.

I also love Dax my Bedraggled Donkey and my The Little One... Maybe one day they'll get out there?
Maybe one day my kiddo's will do something about them... they are becoming quite the artist's and I do need illustrators...

Maybe I'm being too self gratuitous again.

or Maybe not.

OR
Maybe they will only be known by my kiddo's, because I'm their mommy and I love them too and I really love to tell them stories.