Click post and read below!!

Wednesday

Music to my mind

I am a ridiculous fan of music. I am on a never ending pursuit of music.  If I hear of a good band or artist I will look them up. If I hear a good song I will find it. If I hear a song because of a song, I will find another song and then that will make me find another song and then I will find an artist and then I will find... this process can be complicated. Anyway, During the weekend Hurricane Katrina hit Kanye West was on the cover of Time Magazine, so I read about him. He sounded interesting and when I heard his music, I liked what I heard. I mean, the song "Heartless", seriously?? Fucking. Rad. Song.
So, We were away @ a B&B in Albuquerque getting our first born checked and treated for Celiac Disease (totally another story), but this is why I was reading about Kanye and had really no idea about Hurricane Katrina until I got home after our weekend. I became a bona fide Kanye West fan as of the THAT VERY WEEKEND!! Then all of a sudden!!!

Kanye West is an ass.

He fucking called The President of the United States of America a RACIST on NATIONAL TELEVISION!
He's NOT some silly protester. He IS a paid musician representing himself. He is a paid representative of that television station at that moment. He is a paid personality representing the cause to help the people suffering from a natural disaster.
He got beat up in the media A LITTLE??? WHAT??!! This was followed by the fucking-stupid-as-fuck adage "no publicity is bad publicity" subsequently coming true and him becoming more famous. For what? Being an asshole? What? Who started selling that? Oh, that's right, THE SELLERS. Whose buying it though?
Anyway, I understand his ability to plug along as a musician. He's talented. I do NOT understand his ability to become a mogul? He is no one to follow!  He does not say controversial or interesting things. He says inflammatory, racist, stupid things. He makes some great music. He makes some stinkers, "Bound 2" side by side with the Seth Rogan, James Franco split is some of the funniest shit out there!

So here we are present day. KW GETS to go to the grammy's because the grammy's are, on the face, a TOTAL joke. On this not so normal occasion, BECK a true artist gets what is deserved and is rewarded for it on the grammys. KW then does what he does, and says inflammatory, racist, stupid things about BECK getting an award instead of Beyonce and how the grammy's need to stop playing with the people and start respecting true artistry? OMG! BECK is a ridiculously,  fantastically, talented artist who does not even come close to getting recognised enough, even if he'd want that. Beyonce sings and dances and gets recognised all the time, and so does the idiot KW. They both have talent, but they are not the one and only of music. NOT BY A LONG SHOT. Sorry to throw B in there, but facts a fact. There is AMAZING music being made out there and it IS killing what is on our stank radio. BECK is up there with that amazingness. The grammys need to stop playing with US and stop putting famous talent out there shaking there spruced up shit and bring on the TRUE MUSIC.

Anyway, it seems like people are finally getting as sick of KW as I am after this latest. I hope so. If this were so this would be music to my ears. If not, I'll keep marching on with BECK in my ears instead.